Wide-ranging properties for many markets
Bayhydrol® PU dispersions: low-VOCs, versatile properties
The demand for low volatile organic compound (VOC) coatings in all markets has increased as end users look to reduce solvent emissions and improve their environmental footprints. Covestro has responded with a wide range of low- to ultra-low VOC waterborne polyols and polyurethane dispersions (PUDs).
Bayhydrol® products from Covestro include:
- Dispersions based on aliphatic polyester urethane resins (Bayhydrol® UH)
- Dispersions based on aliphatic polycarbonate urethane resins (Bayhydrol® UH)
- UV-curable urethane acrylate dispersions (Bayhydrol® UV)
- Waterborne OH-functional polyester and polycarbonate polyurethane dispersions for two-component (2K) systems (Bayhydrol® U)
- Waterborne polyacrylic polyol dispersions for two-component (2K) systems (Bayhydrol® A)
Formulators can customize their coatings by selecting the Bayhydrol® polyol or polyurethane dispersions with the properties they need.
Bayhydrol® products can be used to formulate ambient-cure and baked polyurethane coatings for rigid and flexible substrates including metal, wood, leather, textiles, vinyl-coated fabric and other plastics. They can be found in waterborne one- (1K) and two-component 2K polyurethane coating systems for:
- Industrial products, equipment and machinery
- Wood and furniture
- Can/coil applications
- Printing paper inks
Polyurethanes based on Bayhydrol® polyols and PUDs are fast drying, durable and elastic with excellent resistance to chemicals, weather and UV radiation.