Anti-corrosion, anti-fouling properties
Pergut® chlorinated rubber offers robust chemical- and water- resistance
Corrosion occurs in damp places where moisture can attack metal surfaces and microorganisms thrive. The most effective coatings prevent corrosion and fouling by resisting damage from chemicals, water and microbes.
Pergut® fast-drying powdered chlorinated polymers from Covestro are ideal for highly durable coatings, printing inks, adhesives and primers.
Produced from polyisoprene and polybutadiene in varying molecular weights and viscosities, Pergut® polymers contain between 64.5 percent and 67 percent chlorine and have a density of 1.6 g/cm3.
Covestro’s proprietary manufacturing process allows Pergut® chlorinated rubber products to have an extremely low carbon tetrachloride (CCl4) content of < 0.005 % by weight (< 50 ppm) and comply with global regulatory requirements.
Pergut® chlorinated rubber polymers are suitable for the formulation of many types of products:
- Heavy-duty corrosion protection coatings
- Anti-fouling coatings
- Swimming pool coatings
- Flooring systems
- Printing inks
- Metal rubber primers
Chlorinated rubber coatings provide several high-performance characteristics, such as:
- Easy to use (one-component systems)
- Fast drying
- Good adhesion to metals (steel, iron, zinc)
- High resistance to corrosion, water, chemicals and salts
- Resistant to weather and other environmental influences
- Anti-fouling properties, including resistance to bacteria, mold and fungi
- Wide compatibility with many solvents, resins, pigments, fillers and additives
- Excellent repaintabiltiy, even after many years
- Long-term storage stability