Polyurethane raw materials for environmentally friendly powder coatings
Polyurethane (PU) powder coatings are becoming increasingly popular for finishing decorative metal objects and OEM equipment. Powder coatings are used for the formulation of environmentally friendly, high-quality coatings systems.
Stringent volatile organic compound (VOC) directives as well as market demand for more eco-friendly coatings technology, is leading to the adoption of powder coatings systems as a nonsolvent alternative for conventional metal coatings systems.
Along with the environmental benefits, powder coatings technology from Covestro have excellent mechanical properties and offer a number of advantages compared with liquid coating materials.
Their advantages at a glance:
- Nearly 100 percent utilization of the raw material depending on the recycling system - highly efficient
- 40-150µm layer thickness in one work cycle
- Fully automated coating with modern equipment and technology
- Excellent quality control on the finish
- Immediate processing of the finished parts
- Environmentally friendly technology, compatible with stringent volatile organic compound (VOC) legislation
- Good chemical and physical resistance
With our Crelan® product range, we offer a series of crosslinkers for polyurethane powder coatings systems. Crelan® is supplied in flakes that are handled and formulated easily.
The Crelan® product range is based on the aliphatic diisocyanates IPDI and Desmodur® W and provides PU powder coatings with outstanding appearance and good weather resistance.
A total of